Saturday, September 11, 2010

Psalm 42

My new favorite thing is to take apart Psalms and look up the words in Hebrew and Greek to see what the root of the words are...Here is Psalm 42:7,8, and 11

7-Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; All Your waves and billows have gone over me.
(abyss/immeasurable deapth summons, crys out, invites, commissions, gives name to abyss)

8-The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And in the night His song shall be with me-A prayer to the God of my life.
(charge, give order to, appoint, ordain)

11-Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.
(health-what makes my countenance lift up)


probably my favorite part of the psalm is v.8. He promises us that His mercy, faithfulness, goodness, and His favor are chasing us down. All because He just wants them to! He wants to love us. All day long they will be chasing us down and "showing up" in our life. In the night (*enter large smile associated with the NightWatch*) His songs will be with us. That in the Hebrew is talking about the Levitical songs that the Levites-the Priests who kept the Lord's temple and who's occupation was to sing, worship, play their instruments, and take care of the building all day long-their song will be our song in the night. Ahhhh, I love it. =]

No comments: