Monday, September 7, 2009

Love (part 2?)

Dear You,

I only do that because it's been done to me.
I only talk like this because I was talked to like that.
I only act like this because I saw someone act like that to me.

over and over and over again....
no matter what I did in return
just over and over and over again.

Love.

I only love because I was taught how to love.
I love because He first loved me.
He taught me how to love.

Jesus.

God is Love.
Love is patient, kind, never self-seeking, keeps no record of wrongs, 
always hopes, trusts, perseveres.
Love never fails.

"Love is all you need."
Jesus is all you need.

I've always heard that, always believed that...
I never understood or truly lived that until the past few weeks.
"Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."-Psalm 34:10

I wanted to be able to say that before.
I thought I knew and was living it...but it wasn't deep.
But i can honestly say that whole-heartedly.
I lack nothing.
I have everything.
I have Jesus.
I have Love.

Love unlike the world's idea....

Mmm.

"Christ's love has moved me to such extremes"-2 Corinthians 5:14 (message)

I could go on and on...

do you get this?

Love, 
Heather


my second blog i wrote a year ago on the topic of learning how to love....taught by children =]

1 comment:

Francesca Celeste said...

You love so well because you are loved so well.