Monday, March 5, 2012

My Wandering Soul is Anchored

Finally.
My wandering soul that runs and runs can stop running. I have found a home. One that I won't get sick of, one that I won't want to eventually move from.

I am going to dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
This causes me to have hope. I have a home. Where I will stay forever.

This has become a daily reality and is anchoring my soul. I am leaving, I am moving...but I'm not looking for a home. I have a home. I'm just going, doing life, and falling more in love until that home comes down and Jesus comes to me.

~~
"Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee."-2 Corinthians 5:5

"The hope of the righteous will be gladness"-Proverbs 10:28

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore"-Psalm 16:10-11

"Confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland...But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them."-Hebrews 11:13-14, 16

"Living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you."-1 Peter 1:3-4

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself." -Philippians 3:20-21

"Jesus Christ...the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth." -Revelation 1:5

"For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body." -Romans 8:22-23

"If Christ weren't raised, then all you're doing is wandering about in the dark, as lost as ever...If all we get out of Christ is a little inspiration for a few short years, we're a pretty sorry lot. But the truth is that Christ has been raised up, the first in a long legacy of those who are going to leave the cemeteries."-1 Corinthians 15:19-20

"For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive."-1 Corinthians 15:21, 22

He never breaks a promise. "This hope we have as an anchor for the soul, both sure and steadfast..." (Hebrews 6:19)
~~

Jesus walked this earth. He died, and rose again from the dead and is alive right now. There is a real man in heaven. There is a real man praying for us (Romans 8:34, Hebrews 7:25). He is coming back to earth, will once again walk this earth, and will rule and reign. He will be King and I will be ruling with Him over this world. He will come and save us, give us new bodies and we will live with Him forever in the fullness of the Spirit and love. He is now preparing a city for us to live in. This city will come down out of heaven and we will dwell there with God Himself.

He is my home. I am a stranger here, a citizen of another kingdom. The real, resurrected man is my home. As He lives within me, I live within Him. He is the resurrection and the life. He shows us what is to come. He gave His Spirit as a guarantee that He hasn't forgotten us. He is working on our behalf, preparing a place for us and will transform us. He is my exceedingly great reward. He is my inheritance, my portion, my prize.


"My soul...sinks within me. BUT this I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,“Therefore I hope in Him!”"-Lamentations 3:20-25

"All who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it. And I will write on them the name of my God, and they will be citizens in the city of my God--the new Jerusalem that comes down from heaven from my God."-Revelation 3:12

No comments: