Monday, February 28, 2011

I Refuse to Lose Heart

I love when daily devotionals line up with what you are dealing with every day--especially when they are people like Oswald Chambers who can write with a wisdom and an understanding that I just don't have.

February 26-
"Where are you going to get your money from? How are you going to be looked after?...Beware of the pious fraud in you which says-I have no misgivings about Jesus, only myself. None of us ever had misgivings about ourselves; we know exactly what we cannot do, but we do have misgivings about Jesus...My misgivings arise from the fact that I ransack my own person to find out how He will be able to do it. My questions spring from the depths of my own inferiority....Lord, I have had misgivings about Thee, I have not believed in Thy wits apart from my own; I have not believed in Thine almighty power apart from my finite understanding of it."

February 27-
The thing that taxes almightiness is the very thing which we as disciples of Jesus outght to believe He will do. We impoverish His ministry the moment we forget He is Almighty.

February 29-
Our agony comes through the wilful stupidity of our own heart. We won't believe, we won't cut the shore line, we prefer to worry on.

No comments: