Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Year Ago....

A year ago this day, I was sitting on my bed facing my closest friend.
I was spouting off my worries, fears, and rattling concerns.
All of a sudden, He pulled me in close by my shirt collar.
He spoke words that cut to my soul.
He spoke words that smeared over my anxieties.
I haven't heard words since, that cut to the soul like those did.
He pulled me in by my shirt and said, "It's gonna be ok."
Here I sit a year later.
and looking back I find that it was ok.
More than ok.
Better than. =]
"In the abundance and multitude of my anxieties and thoughts within me, Your comfort smears over, blinds, and cries out to my soul"-Psalm 94:19

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Hey pretty lady! I was just looking through a few of your last posts because I havent been so good about keeping up lately, and then this one came up. Isn't it great to have such good friends to comfort and encourage us? and then of course... the greatest Comforter of all. Loved the post. By the way, do you have a facebook page? You should look me up - Theresa Bluhm. I'd love to have you as a friend. :)

dane said...

It was all worth it .. :-)