Monday, September 21, 2009

Raw. Organic.


I was made to sit in fields and watch clouds. 
I was made to lay down and breathe it all in alone.....(?) 

To get teary-eyed and lost while watching birds in the canal...
"look at the birds of the air, they're provided for.
You are so much more valuable to me than them"
-Matthew 6

I was made to dance on docks above bodies of water
barefoot, in a white fluffy skirt.
I was made to get lost in writing letters.

I was made to run in the pouring rain,
to stomp in puddles singing "Sweet Caroline".

I was made to proclaim things to the air 
knowing that they're heard, understood, loved and answered.

I was made to play the same song over and over and over again 
because the lyrics stir me and encompass what I am unable to say.
It makes me realize something I never knew was in me...
or that I forgot...
or that got lost somewhere along the way...
or something I decided to hide...

I wasn't like this a few years ago...I wasn't like this last week...
but more and more I get lost. 
deeper and deeper.

Loosing all control in the most controlled sense.
I was made to find this in myself.

I was made to dream....
but, aren't we all??


2 comments:

Francesca Celeste said...

Sometimes you just need to belt out Sweet Caroline. I do it about 3 times a week :)

Kelly said...

So I just went to write you a message on facebook and you didn't pop up and it took me a second to remember that you're not on facebook anymore :( So I will send you a letter instead ;) The old-fashioned way of doing things is almost always better anyway.

Hope you're doing well!!