Thursday, December 4, 2008

A summary of my life the past 9 months.

"You will enter a season of rest-out of spotlight, out of leadership...just come be with me and rest."
ok.
"Put walls and boundaries up around your heart-let me be your gatekeeper and let in who I let in and keep out whom I keep out"
ok.
"I'm going to break you"
ok.
"I'm going to heal you"
ok.
"Let me love you, be with only me and let me speak tenderly to you"
ok.
"Let me protect you"
ok.
"Let me be your strength-my unending joy"
ok.
"Trust me"
ok.
"Believe in my promises-you know what I have spoken. Believe. Nothing is impossible"
ok.
"Let me be your defender"
ok.
"Let me be your portion"
ok.
"Let me be your lover"
ok.
"Let me betroth you in faithfulness, righteousness, love and compassion"
ok.
"I am going to respond to your immediate call-watch and be amazed"
ok.
"I haven't forgotten the promises I gave you-I haven't forgotten you, beloved"
ok.
"Lock arms, take my hand and walk with me to the gates of the walls-it's time to go out"
ok....
"We're at the gates...What do you want?"
i don't know...i don't know at all...let's just go back.
"What do you want? Where do you want to go and we will go"
i don't know where I want to go-you're crazy, lets just go back and be alone, i don't want to go out there, i just want to stay with you. I'm going back....

hello?

where'd you go?

I'm out of your favor....

You're not here.

why?

I have to leave these walls of protection. All I want to do is be where you are...but you're not here anymore...you're out there somewhere...but it looks like another desert....so barren....

But I want to do the right thing

But I want you and you alone.

I love you.

I'm sorry, help me to take the first step...help me to come back to you....

I'm so sorry....
"I knew you'd come back my beautiful one!!"
Jesus, it's so amazing here! It looked so barren and bleak with miles of only sand but as I danced and ran towards your open arms and smiling face it became a field of flowers and rolling hills and gorgeous green grass....Lord, I had no idea this was here....It's better than I ever thought.
"Just wait and see what's coming my darling...just wait and see!"


Mmm.

4 comments:

above all else: Love said...

"Living in true Beauty can require much waiting, much time, much tenacity of spirit. We must constantly direct our gazes toward the face of God, even in the presence of longing and sorrow. it is in the waiting that our hearts are enlarged. The waiting does not diminish us. As a pregnant woman is enlarged in her waiting, so are out hearts. God does not always rescue us out of a painful season. You know that he does not always give to us what we so desperately want when we want it. He is after something much more valuable than our happiness. Much more sustainable than our health. He is restoring and growing in us an external weight of glory. And sometimes.... it hurts."

<3 <3

Emily Elizabeth said...

mmmm <3 <3 <3 <3

G. said...

thanks for following my blog. I like the title of yours. Is it from that Matt Redman song "Dancing Generation"? I think I remember that lyric from there.
Beautiful blog you have.

Heather said...

Yes, it is from that song, it's one of my favorites! Thanks for reading! I love your blog as well, and being a BASIC college sudent, and seeing you and your family is really inspiring.